May 2017 Read more
Walks for All is a new project, funded by Awards for All, which will map the accessibility of walking routes across the local area. The project will map the accessibility of a number of local walking routes, so that disabled people and those with a health condition can enjoy the outdoors, safe in the knowledge that their route will inform them of accessibility needs.
There are several ways you can get involved…
1. Share your ideas, tell us of where you like to walk so we can map the area and it’s accessibility
2. Tell us what access needs are important to you – wheelchair accessible, areas to rest during the walk, no steep inclines, or something else
3. Come along on the walks and help us to map the route using our mapping equipment
4. Help us design the maps for our walking routes, so that they are informative and easy to understand
5. Trial the walking routes for us
You’ll be meeting and connecting with others, linking in to new friendship groups
You’ll improve your health and fitness, by taking part in the walks
You’ll be providing a service to disabled people and those with health conditions
The maps we produce will be marketed far and wide. They will be available on-line via our website and social media, as well as professionally printed and distributed – and you’ll have been part of it.
May 2017Read more
Coming soon...Read more